Veterinarians in OKC that Value Pet Dental Health
It’s a common misconception that your pet’s teeth are cleaned just fine by dry food or rawhide. In fact, regular dental exams and periodontal treatments, including professional cleanings, are essential to your pet’s overall wellness care.
Dental issues are very common with dogs and cats, but they are also largely preventable and treatable. Did you know that 80% of dogs and cats 3 years of age and older have dental disease? That is alarming, but together we can prevent disease in your furry friend.
Here’s how we can help you care for your pet’s dental health:
- When you bring your pet in for a dental cleaning, we start with a thorough examination.
- After the initial exam, we give your pet anesthesia to keep him or her comfortable during the cleaning and periodontal probe.
- We recommend full-mouth X-rays, because 40% of dental issues are under the gum line and undetectable without regular X-rays.
- We accurately chart everything we see during your pet’s periodontal therapy, including tooth chips or fractures and pockets under the gum line.
- We are then able to follow up on any issues at the next exam to prevent them from becoming major problems in the future. Extra precaution early allows us to ensure your pet’s best dental health.
We understand that brushing your pet’s teeth can be an intimidating task, so we are happy to give you tips while you’re in the office. We will also send you home with detailed instructions about caring for your pet’s teeth, so you can continue to ensure your pet’s good dental health throughout the year.
Contact us to make an appointment for your pet’s teeth cleaning.